Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Protein Pancakes

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Protein PanCakes



Ingredients:
  • 1.5 cups oats
  • 1 large apple- shredded with cheese grater
  • 1 banana - mashed with fork
  • .5 cup milk (I used soy milk)
  • 2 eggs- whisked (I used only egg whites)
  • 2 scoops protein powder (I used only 1 scoop of chocolate but vanilla will be great too)
  • 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • .5 teaspoon nutmeg
  • .25 teaspoon salt
  • pure maple syrup, apple and banana to serve
Instructions:
  1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix. (I just mixed with my fork to break everything down)
  2. Heat a non-stick saute pan over medium-high heat. Spray with none-stick spray once hot.
  3. Pour pancakes on to griddle, 1/4 cup at a time, and cook until first side is browned- about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook additional 2-3 minutes or until second side is browned. (This mixer is thick so what I did was when I poured it in the pan I used my fork to flatten the pancakes and give it a shape)
  4. Continue working in batches until all the pancake batter is gone.
  5. Serve with pure maple syrup and top with apples or bananas.
Notes: Might look like a veggie burger as my husband and brother called it but it tastes amazing, they were impressed. You can also not include the protein powder if you are just looking for a healthier pancake then the sugary box one.



No comments:

Post a Comment