Kale & Monterey Jack Quesadillas
with Avocado, Radishes and Fried Eggs
- 2 Farm Eggs
- 4 Corn Tortillas
- 6 ounces Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 1 Bunch Kale
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 3 Ounces Radishes
- 1 Lime
- 1 Teaspoon Quesadilla Spice Blend
- Ancho Chile Powder, Chipotle Chile Powder and Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Cup Mexican Cream
- Using a peeler, remove the rind of the lime, avoiding the white pith. Mince the rind to get 2 teaspoons of zest.
- Quarter the lime
- Peel and mince the garlic
- Remove and discard the kale stems. Roughly chop the leaves
- Grate the cheese
- Pit, peel and medium dice the avocado. Toss the avocado with the juice of 2 lime wedges in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pick the cilantro leaves off the stems
- Cut off and discard the stem ends of the radishes. Cut the radish into thin matchsticks and place in a bowl of ice water.
- In a bowl, combine the cream and the juice of the remaining lime wedges. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large pan heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium until hot. Add garlic. cook for 30 seconds to 1 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add kale, 1/4 cup of water and spice blend to the large pan. Stirring frequently for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add the lime zest to the pan and cook for additional 30 seconds to 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the tortillas on a clean, dry work surface. Divide the cheese and cooked kale between 2 of the tortillas. Top with the remaining tortillas.
- Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil to a clean pan on medium -high heat until hot. Add the quesadillas and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove the cooked quesadillas and place in clean serving plates.
- In the same pan heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium until hot. Crack the eggs. Keeping them separated. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 to 3 minutes or until the whites are set and the yolks are cooked to your desire.
- Top each cooked quesadilla with a fried egg. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with the seasoned avocado, lime crema, radishes and enjoy.
Makes: 2 Servings
Calories: About 700 per serving
Cooking Time: 20 to 30 minutes
Credit for Recipe: Blue Apron