Rosemary and Tea Tree Dandruff Hair and Scalp Mask
- 8 drops cedarwood oil
- 8 drops rosemary oil
- 6 drops tea tree oil
- 1 teaspoon local honey
- 4 ounces olive oil, almond or coconut oil (carrier oil)
- Blend ingredients well in container
- Massage into the scalp
- Leave on for at least 20 minutes
- For severe conditions, try leaving it on overnight
- Shampoo well
- Cedarwood essential oil is more of a woody, masculine scent. If you prefer something more feminine-smelling oils try lavender and ylang ylang. Cedarwood oil stimulates the hair follicles and increases circulation to the scalp to combat thinning hair. Cedarwood has also been helpful at improving dandruff symptoms.
- Rosemarry oil works well for dandruff due to its ability to minize scalp itchiness and flakes. It helps to treat both dry, dull hair as well as overly oily hair and can help prevent split ends. Rosemary essential oil helps to prevent premature baldness and stimulates the hair follicles.
- Tea tree is one of the most popular essential oils for soothing damaged skin, but it's also great for scalp health. Since this essential oil is antifungal, it's been successfully used to treat dandruff. Tea tree oil also treats head lice.