- 2 cups fine cracked wheat (bulghur)
- 1/4 cup corn oil (use as needed)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bunch of parsley, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 bunch mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil (use to your taste)
- Juice of 1-2 lemons (use to your taste)
- 1 Tbs. pepper paste
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- Salt, to taste
- 1 hot chili pepper, chopped (optional)
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion until pale in color. Stir in the cracked wheat (bulghur)
- Blend in the tomato sauce, lemon juice and pepper paste and leave aside for 15 minutes until cold.
- Add the parsley, green onions, tomatoes, mint, olive oil, and salt. Mix to obtain a soft salad.
- Add 1 chopped hot chili pepper to the salad, if you like.